FIRE SHUTTERS FROM CITY SHUTTERS
Fire shutters are an increasingly popular option and offer fire protection at up to four hours greater than would be the case for a non fire rated door or shutter. They can be used to section off and protect a particular part of a building, the whole building, or even provide protection between floor (horizontal fire shutters).
Fire shutters may help many businesses ensure that they protect their goods, buildings and employees from threat of fire by offering potentially significant delays to the spread of fire.
Important information regarding fire shutters:
• Roller curtains are made up of 75mm galvanised cold rolled sections that interlock together to form the door curtain. The lath are concave in shape and are held together by pressed steel end locks secured by steel rivets
• Bottom rail section is normally a galvanised inverted 2mm thick T section
• Size guides and supporting angles are manufactured from 3mm purpose rolled sections, with different depths dependent upon the width of the shutter, and are secured to mild steel angles, pre-drilled ready for fixing to the structure
• Roller shutter barrel – A mild steel tube encases the single phase tubular motor. The motor head is secured to the shutter end plate, with the outer body rotating to raise and lower the door.
• A single phase 13 amp power supply is required. In addition, a fire rated cable with a volt free signal in alarm condition terminated to an adaptor is required, all prior to the door installation
• A fused spur is to be provided by the client, unless agreed otherwise, installed to within 500mm from the motor and control panel position at highest level
• As with our other types of shutters, a Powder Coated finish is available in a variety of colours and applied to the complete door on both sides
• OPERATION IN A FIRE CONDITION – The door with commence closing on receipt of a fire alarm signal generated by the building management system. The operation will be controlled through the Audio Visual Waning Panel